Skip to main content

Squash!


So according to my fancy little ticker at right, baby is the size of a squash. At 31 weeks, 6 days, I've grown a belly that would certainly contain a squash and a little more. I walked into Starbucks this afternoon and was immediately received by a fellow customer shouting at me, "How much longer you got?!?". Then her three year old paused terrorizing the place to hug my leg. On one hand, I know I look big enough to deliver, but experience and pregnancy books tell me I've got more room to grow. But thanks, lady, for implying that I'm fat.

Another routine appointment in the books today, included the doctor saying that while I am still measuring ahead, I'm showing signs of a plateau, albeit temporary. While I previously was measuring multiple weeks ahead, I'm now only one week ahead. Even better, that matched the measurements on my ultra sound from two weeks ago. Speaking of the ultrasound, Dr. Williams said everything (baby, uterus, and especially my placenta) appeared to be near perfect condition for this stage in pregnancy. More good news!

We finally had "the talk" about delivery dates, which consisted of maybe three sentences between us. The doctor needs to confirm with Labor & Delivery that there's room for us and will let me know soon. It's a little hard to imagine working up until my delivery date, which would be better for our budget. I am certain that my exhaustion I already experience daily will only feel amplified.

Coming up:
  • Waiting for confirmation from the doctor regarding dates, then making plans with Jeff as to how the first few days might look.
  • I need to register with the hospital.
  • Next appointment is Monday, August 26th. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holidays and Hospitals

Thanksgiving In the hospital still in Husky gear. This has been an eventful holiday season so far with two trips to the emergency room.  The first was a post Thanksgiving treat. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving up in Maple Valley.  We spent it with Erin's dad, her family, and my sister (though we were a bit disappointed she didn't bring her latest beau).  It was a nice holiday as usual.  It was  followed up on Friday by a trip for me and my dad to Husky Stadium to see the Dawgs win yet another Apple Cup. However, shortly after we arrived at home is when the "emergency" occurred.  Erin's dad has a sizable yoga ball, and Erin and Nathan were playing with it rolling it back and forth and the like.  Nathan figured out it was just the right size to plop down on and sort of bounce off.  That turned out to be great fun until instead of landing on his feet or bouncing off the ball again, he took one bounce and landing chin first on the hardwood...

Christmas 2020

Have yourself a merry little Christmas Let your heart be light From now on Our troubles will be out of sight As a result of the pandemic, the model train festival we typically enjoy this time of year was canceled (thus no pictures with Santa). We missed family and friends this year. The fun energy of the last few school days before Winter Break was not quite the same over Zoom. I missed singing carols in church during month of December.  As the season progressed, I couldn't help but reflect on other times in history where celebrations were small and often just a nuclear family. Times and places where travel was too difficult or too expensive to justify leaving home. For those generations of families, the traditions were as simple as reading the Christmas story together or baking a special bread. In so many ways that was our Christmas this year and by seeking the joy in each moment, we found our hearts lighter.  We visited our favorite local tree farm to find THE TREE.  We...

January Appt

So this morning I rushed off to a monthly appointment, my first since "going public". Jeff decided not to go, since he describes these appointments as boring. I like to think of them as boringly good! As a result, there is not a whole lot to report. I am 17 weeks, 2 days today which means I'm in my last week of the fourth month. I have gained 6 pounds since the beginning of this pregnancy, which is a little hard to take. Having been the same weight since high school, this weight gaining thing is going to take some getting used to. One of my students described me as being "round in the middle and skinny everywhere else" (see today's photo for proof). I guess that doesn't sound so bad. I'm doing my best to remind myself that this is a necessary part of the process. My blood pressure was slightly elevated from normal, but the nurse said that could be a result of my rush to arrive in time. Altogether, nothing too much to worry about. I did mention to the...