Skip to main content

Happy Anniversary

Dear Erin,

   It has been 13 years since I asked you to be my girlfriend, one day on that little hill side overlooking the Ballard Locks, and 8 years since we committed the rest of our lives to each other.  In that time we both have grown and changed but I love you more now than I ever have.  There are a thousand little things about you that make you just perfect.  I love your laugh, and your freckles.  I love how you always challenge me, and attempt to keep me on the straight and narrow.  You bring out the best in me, and want me to be a better person.  You teach me new things all the time.  You are amazing in so many little ways I cannot count them all.
   Eight years seems like a long time, but I feel we are still at the beginning.  So much has changed over these years, that I wonder what will be in store for us in the next 8, or 16, or 24.  Two houses, two kids (well soon) two master's degrees, and of course just two arguments in 8 years is a pretty good start.  Only God knows what the future may hold for us.  We've made some tough decisions, but always made them together.  We've always put family first, and that will pay off not in wealth or security, but in the love between us, our family and God.
   Erin I will always love you.

Happy Anniversary,


Jeffery

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holidays and Hospitals

Thanksgiving In the hospital still in Husky gear. This has been an eventful holiday season so far with two trips to the emergency room.  The first was a post Thanksgiving treat. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving up in Maple Valley.  We spent it with Erin's dad, her family, and my sister (though we were a bit disappointed she didn't bring her latest beau).  It was a nice holiday as usual.  It was  followed up on Friday by a trip for me and my dad to Husky Stadium to see the Dawgs win yet another Apple Cup. However, shortly after we arrived at home is when the "emergency" occurred.  Erin's dad has a sizable yoga ball, and Erin and Nathan were playing with it rolling it back and forth and the like.  Nathan figured out it was just the right size to plop down on and sort of bounce off.  That turned out to be great fun until instead of landing on his feet or bouncing off the ball again, he took one bounce and landing chin first on the hardwood...

Christmas 2020

Have yourself a merry little Christmas Let your heart be light From now on Our troubles will be out of sight As a result of the pandemic, the model train festival we typically enjoy this time of year was canceled (thus no pictures with Santa). We missed family and friends this year. The fun energy of the last few school days before Winter Break was not quite the same over Zoom. I missed singing carols in church during month of December.  As the season progressed, I couldn't help but reflect on other times in history where celebrations were small and often just a nuclear family. Times and places where travel was too difficult or too expensive to justify leaving home. For those generations of families, the traditions were as simple as reading the Christmas story together or baking a special bread. In so many ways that was our Christmas this year and by seeking the joy in each moment, we found our hearts lighter.  We visited our favorite local tree farm to find THE TREE.  We...

January Appt

So this morning I rushed off to a monthly appointment, my first since "going public". Jeff decided not to go, since he describes these appointments as boring. I like to think of them as boringly good! As a result, there is not a whole lot to report. I am 17 weeks, 2 days today which means I'm in my last week of the fourth month. I have gained 6 pounds since the beginning of this pregnancy, which is a little hard to take. Having been the same weight since high school, this weight gaining thing is going to take some getting used to. One of my students described me as being "round in the middle and skinny everywhere else" (see today's photo for proof). I guess that doesn't sound so bad. I'm doing my best to remind myself that this is a necessary part of the process. My blood pressure was slightly elevated from normal, but the nurse said that could be a result of my rush to arrive in time. Altogether, nothing too much to worry about. I did mention to the...