Skip to main content

Day One: Operation Twin Bed

After much planning, moving of furniture, selling of furniture, painting, assembling, and moving furniture again, Nathan was finally ready to sleep in a brand new twin bed last night for the first time.  We decided to purchase some bunk beds as they were a much better value and would give us a bed for baby boy #2 as well when we need it. Other benefits of buying bunk beds include we can bunk them up if we ever see the need, we have a small guest bed again (the other twin is in our playroom), and the top bunk came with built in rails that will keep Nathan from falling off the bed.


The beds were super simple to assemble if I had followed the directions. Of course I did not read them and so I had to assemble them three separate times in order to have them set up properly.  Once assembled Nathan got right to work jumping on his new bed.






As you can see Nathan quickly learned how to jump on the bed and throw himself down.  We had to make sure to let him know that he is not allowed to stand upright on the bed, but compromised and let him jump from his knees.  We will be sure to read one of his favorite stories, Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed before he goes to sleep for the next few nights so he understands the potential pitfalls to this activity.  

Luckily, when we put him down to bet he when right to sleep, and this morning when he woke up he stayed in bed until I entered his room, where he promptly got down to pick out a book to read.  

Nathan's room is not quite put together so as soon as that gets done along with the nursery we will post pics on how they turned out.  
Nathan sleeping comfortably in his new bed with all his friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holidays and Hospitals

Thanksgiving In the hospital still in Husky gear. This has been an eventful holiday season so far with two trips to the emergency room.  The first was a post Thanksgiving treat. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving up in Maple Valley.  We spent it with Erin's dad, her family, and my sister (though we were a bit disappointed she didn't bring her latest beau).  It was a nice holiday as usual.  It was  followed up on Friday by a trip for me and my dad to Husky Stadium to see the Dawgs win yet another Apple Cup. However, shortly after we arrived at home is when the "emergency" occurred.  Erin's dad has a sizable yoga ball, and Erin and Nathan were playing with it rolling it back and forth and the like.  Nathan figured out it was just the right size to plop down on and sort of bounce off.  That turned out to be great fun until instead of landing on his feet or bouncing off the ball again, he took one bounce and landing chin first on the hardwood...

Christmas 2020

Have yourself a merry little Christmas Let your heart be light From now on Our troubles will be out of sight As a result of the pandemic, the model train festival we typically enjoy this time of year was canceled (thus no pictures with Santa). We missed family and friends this year. The fun energy of the last few school days before Winter Break was not quite the same over Zoom. I missed singing carols in church during month of December.  As the season progressed, I couldn't help but reflect on other times in history where celebrations were small and often just a nuclear family. Times and places where travel was too difficult or too expensive to justify leaving home. For those generations of families, the traditions were as simple as reading the Christmas story together or baking a special bread. In so many ways that was our Christmas this year and by seeking the joy in each moment, we found our hearts lighter.  We visited our favorite local tree farm to find THE TREE.  We...

January Appt

So this morning I rushed off to a monthly appointment, my first since "going public". Jeff decided not to go, since he describes these appointments as boring. I like to think of them as boringly good! As a result, there is not a whole lot to report. I am 17 weeks, 2 days today which means I'm in my last week of the fourth month. I have gained 6 pounds since the beginning of this pregnancy, which is a little hard to take. Having been the same weight since high school, this weight gaining thing is going to take some getting used to. One of my students described me as being "round in the middle and skinny everywhere else" (see today's photo for proof). I guess that doesn't sound so bad. I'm doing my best to remind myself that this is a necessary part of the process. My blood pressure was slightly elevated from normal, but the nurse said that could be a result of my rush to arrive in time. Altogether, nothing too much to worry about. I did mention to the...